Saturday, July 17, 2010

Work in progress!

I really am ready to get serious about this business. Today I went to JoAnn's to get wooden letters to make a birthday present. I ended up getting a bit more than just letters and didn't stop after JoAnn's. I also went to Micheal's and Wal-Mart. Tomorrow I might go to Hobby Lobby. I also bought some ribbon, fabric, and pre-folds. With the fabric I plan to make a blanket for Claire, my niece. It will be similar to the Taggie blankets but I can't call it that unless I want to pay a nice fine. Instead, I will call it a Ribbon Lovey. I also bought thread to match the fabric and some more pins to hold everything together. Now I just need to see if I can remember how to use the sewing machine!

With the pre-folds, I plan to make burp cloths. I also got a small piece of fabric for one or two of those. They will be boy colors which is exciting because everything I have made so far is for girls. Now I just need to find a baby boy who needs them. I also want to practice embroidering so I can put names or initials on things like blankets and burp cloths. This will have to be done by hand since my sewing machine can not do that.

I also looked for alligator clips today at all three stores and had no luck finding them. I think all three stores were out because they all had other hair accessories and I know for sure I have seen them at Micheal's. That is the main reason for wanting to go to Hobby Lobby tomorrow. I have never been there before so that is another reason for wanting to go. I really want to make some hair bows with the ribbon I found.

So much to do! For tomorrow though, I need to paint the letters. In August I have three weeks off of work so that should give me some time to work on these other projects. Once I get some things made, I will take pictures to post so I can get this going! But for now, I need to post pictures of the things I have made already. I will do that in a separate post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home